Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find your pricing?
You can find my creative fees under the “Investment” tab. Please email me to schedule a free consultation where we will go over the complete product menu: email@example.com
Do you edit all of our photographs?
Yes, I do! Every image you will receive has been professionally hand-edited and retouched, one at a time, by yours truly. I do not outsource any step of your photo experience.
Where do you live and how far will you travel?
I am based in Bloomington, Indiana, and shoot most often throughout central and southern Indiana. However, I do love to travel! Travel is billed simply – if airfare, a hotel and rental car are needed, all you are responsible for is a direct reimbursement for those charges. Any shoot within driving distance is comped 30 miles both ways (or 60miles total), with additional mileage over that billed at the standard rate of 58 cents per mile.
Do you have an assistant?
I do not have an assistant on my permanent payroll. At any given shoot, however, I may have an assistant or intern with me to help me with gear, lighting and props.
Are you LGBTQIA+ friendly?
YES! Love is love is love is love is love.
Can some of our photos be delivered in both color and black & white?
Absolutely! I can deliver black and white conversions upon request.
How long will it take to receive our proofs from a portrait session?
It typically takes between 3-6 weeks to deliver a portrait proofing gallery, depending on the time of year.
Can you deliver my proofs in a digital gallery?
All viewing of proofs will be done via an in-person or virtual ordering session, to provide you with guidance on how best to displayand preserve your images in your home and for generations to come.
How many pictures will we receive from our portrait session?
You will receive a minimum of 30 proofs from a standard one-hour portrait session or three-hour newborn session.
Do we get to keep the digital images from our portrait session?
All purchased prints come with the corresponding digital image printable up to size 8×10. In order to guarantee beautiful prints and wall art for your home and family, I recommend that you order heirloom products and wall art directly from me.
Can we see the outtakes and the images from our portrait session that didn’t make the final cut?
I strive to give you the best quality and most powerful images from your shoot. Know that when editing, I do not “throw out” good, one-of-a-kind images.
Business & Detail
Do you have insurance?
What kind of equipment do you use?
I use top of the line professional Canon equipment and backups.
What is your payment schedule?
Creative fees are due at booking. Artwork payments are due at your ordering session.
Can we pay you part of the creative fee after the shoot?
I require full payment of creative fees at booking of your session. Artwork orders will be billed later separately when your order is placed. Payment plans are available for artwork orders.
If I need to cancel our portrait session, is the deposit refundable?
The deposit is non-refundable after the signing of your contract. The deposit guarantees that I’ll hold the date exclusively for you, and once you’ve signed the contract, I do turn down all other commissions for that date. For portrait sessions, however, I know that life happens! While the retainer is non-refundable for a completely canceled shoot, I encourage my clients to reschedule a portrait session at a later date that works for both of us at no extra charge.
I am sure you have concerns about remaining safe and healthy at this time, too. I would like to share the current steps I am taking to ensure the studio environment remains safe and clean for your portrait session.
Until further notice, I will only be scheduling one studio session per day, to ensure ample time for thorough sanitization and cleaning between clients. I am taking newborn and child milestone clients in the studio, with rigorous safety standards put in place so that I can keep all newborns I come into contact with safe. All high school senior, engagement and family sessions will be conducted outdoors with social distancing as long as the weather allows and until our national COVID risk has been sufficiently mitigated.
The health and safety of your loved ones and myself is taken very seriously at the studio. Katy has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and additional precautions are still being taken. Masks must be worn at all times when not in front of the lens. No exceptions. Hands must be sanitized upon entering. No eating or drinking in the studio. Young siblings who are unable to mask will be asked to leave the studio with a parent or family member after their portraits are finished. The safer I stay in my workplace, the safer your baby is in my hands!
CLEANLINESS AND PROTOCOLS
Studio cleanliness is a top priority and I take steps to avoid viral contamination at all times. I would like to assure you that I am taking all precautions advised by WHO, CDC, Indiana State Department of Health and the Monroe County Health Department, very seriously, and will be updating these as recommended.
I have implemented extra measures to keep the studio safe for my clients. Some of these extra precautions include:
• Deep cleaning of the studio before and after every session
• Hard surfaces, door knobs, and client seating is cleaned with hospital-grade Cavi-wipes
• Floors are swept and then mopped with a hospital grade cleaning solution
• Bathroom fixtures are cleaned and sanitized with a bleach based cleaner
• I am requiring clients to reschedule if they feel unwell, even if it is mild
• I am requiring clients to leave immediately if they present with a cough, fever or other symptoms
• All hard props, like posing stools, will be wiped down with hospital-grade Cavi-wipes after each use
• Cameras and lenses will be fully sanitized and wiped with hospital-grade Cavi-wipes between each client
• I will wash my hands with soap and water before the session, and use hand sanitizer frequently
• I will be wearing a protective face mask during the session
• If I feel unwell, even mildly, I will contact you immediately to reschedule your session
If I (or anyone in my household) becomes unwell or comes into contact with anyone exhibiting symptoms, you will be notified immediately and we can reschedule for a better time. Assistants will not be utilized at this time to aid in risk mitigation.
BEFORE YOUR SESSION WITH ICARUS PHOTOGRAPHY
If you or anyone in your household have been in contact with anyone with a cough or fever or if you feel unwell (even mildly) before your session, please contact me as soon as possible to reschedule. If anyone attending the session appears to have a cough, fever or other symptoms of a virus, the session will be halted and all clients will be asked to leave immediately. We understand this may be an inconvenience, but it is of utmost importance that we do not allow a virus into the studio at this time due to the vulnerable condition of some of our clients.
• Please conduct a self-screening of any known COVID symptoms before you leave for your session, including checking for fever. You may reschedule your session at no charge by calling or texting Katy at 812-444-9805.
• Please ensure you wash your hands well for at least 20 seconds before leaving your house.
• Please bring your own beverage, if needed.
• Please do not bring any additional friends, colleagues or family members to your session.
DURING YOUR STUDIO SESSION
• You will be asked to arrive wearing a mask or face covering. Face coverings may only be removed by client when being actively photographed, when in the restroom or waiting outside on the porch. The studio will provide a sanitized surface in which to store your mask during the shoot.
• You will be asked to remove your shoes at the door upon arrival
• You will be asked to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival
• Hand sanitizer will be provided and utilized frequently throughout the session
• I will wear a protective face mask for the duration of our session.
• Your session will be entirely no-contact. Strict social distancing of at least 6+ feet is required at all times.
• Windows will be opened to ventilate the space if temperatures allow it, and two air purifiers, rated for the square footage of my studio, will be running at all times.
• Newborn & Milestone Clients: I ask that only one parent remain in the studio throughtout the session if possible. Siblings may be brought in to be photographed quickly at the end of the session. All children above the age of 2 are required to wear a mask in the studio unless being actively photographed. Newborn and milestone sessions can be made no-contact upon request and with the help of the attending parent.
DURING YOUR OUTDOOR SESSION
• Face coverings will not be required for clients, as long as social distancing of at least 6+ feet between photographer and client is observed. Your session will be no-contact.
• Sorry, no hugs or handshakes!
• I will wear a protective face mask for the duration of our session, and will endeavor to speak my posing directions loudly.
• Any props or blankets brought by me to your session will be disinfected or laundered both prior to and after your session.
AFTER YOUR PORTRAIT SESSION
• All galleries will be delivered via my online proofing platform. Video chat, phone calls and email communication will be utilized for assistance in placing print and product orders.
• If you become unwell within 14 days after your session, please let me know immediately, even if you feel it is only mild.
• Please note: If anyone attending the session appears to have a cough, fever or other symptoms of a virus, I will need to ask to postpone the session with no exceptions.
• It is important to let me know in advance if you are feeling unwell so I can reschedule your session to another time.
Thank you for helping me keep the studio a clean and safe environment for myself and all of my clients. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 812-444-9805